Carmel Living in the Claremont Hills
7171 Norfolk Road, Berkeley, CA 94705
This fabulous Claremont Hills home is a masterful blend of a timeless yet sophisticated style: light and warm tones set the backdrop for this casual, but formal sun-drenched beauty. Set on .20 acres in a highly coveted cul-de-sac location with a total of 3,518 square feet of living space, this property boasts a thoughtful custom floor plan, with an abundance of windows and doors allowing the natural light to shine in. The unparalleled design, scale, and proportion boldly define the residence with impeccable attention to detail throughout including custom windows, oak floors, and vaulted ceilings.
7171 Norfolk Road is thoughtfully oriented to enjoy the expansive canyon and bay views from almost every room. The outdoor amenities combine to create a lovely oasis; a spacious tiled balcony off the main living areas, a second tiled balcony off the downstairs secondary bedrooms, meandering steps and paths, a beautiful deck with hot tub off the detached office/bonus room, a serene flagstone veranda, and a large garden bed below offering endless bounty.
· Formal entry with arched custom double doors
· Exquisite living room with breathtaking views through a wall of glass French doors that open onto the private balcony. A gas fireplace flanked by windows anchors the room
· Formal dining room off the kitchen with stunning vaulted ceiling
· Chef’s kitchen open to the great room with an abundance of cabinetry, stainless steel appliances including a 6-burner gas stove, and a breakfast bar
· Delightful great room with picturesque windows overlooking the spectacular setting and a glass door out to the private balcony
· A spacious bedroom or den and a secondary bathroom are located on the main level
· Three bedrooms and two bathrooms including the gorgeous and serene primary suite are located downstairs. Each of the three bedrooms are positioned to appreciate the breathtaking views. The two secondary bedrooms enjoy access to a private balcony
· Charming downstairs wine storage room
· Delightful laundry room with additional cabinetry and a sink
· Detached 285± square foot office/bonus space (could be attached to house via interior staircase which would add additional square footage).
An unparalleled peaceful, and tranquil setting. Listen to the birds chirping while taking in the remarkable scenery from one of the home’s outdoor sitting areas or enjoy an evening dip in the hot tub nestled under the stars. This breathtaking turn-key home will capture your heart!
Located just minutes from Claremont Hotel and Spa and both downtown Berkeley and Orinda's delightful shops and restaurants. The backdrop to this timeless setting is Mother Nature herself…the Claremont Canyon Regional Preserve which offers numerous hiking and biking trails and endless beauty!